W.TEC®FBS – Spring band clamps for the industry
Spring band clamps are self-tightening fasteners that are suitable for hose-socket connections due to their dynamic spring properties. The use of tempered spring band steel gives the parts a very high degree of flexibility and thus they continually adapt to the changing properties of the operating temperatures and the pressure ratios of the hose and the pipe. Once the spring band clip is attached, there is no need to retighten it. With almost constant clamping force, spring band clamps ensure a continuous, leak-free sealing without damaging the hose or connection piece. Due to the large number of different assembly and locking variants, a maximum of possible applications is created.
Spring band clamps are used in particular in the following sectors:
- fluid systems
- engine construction
- hose systems
- commercial kitchens/Industrial dishwashers
- industrial air conditioners
- agricultural machinery
- floor cleaning machines
- heat pumps
- heating/air conditioning
- sanitary (e.g., toilets for ships, trains, aircrafts)
- food industry (e.g., bakery/coffee machines)
- solar thermics
- printing industry
- white goods
- construction machinery
- LPG installations
- industrial trucks
- beverage industry (e.g. bottling plants)
Advantages of spring band clamps for connecting hoses with nozzles:
- high flexibility through continuous adaptation to changing characteristics, e.g. temperature fluctuations of the fasteners
- constant, uniform clamping force
- easy installation
- no subsequent tightening necessary
- high reusability, since spring force is not lost
- high process reliability due to the leak-free hose-connection
Types of spring band clamps
Spring band clamp standard
The standard version is the original version of spring band clamps and suitable for applications without space restrictions. This self-tightening fastener offers a nearly constant contact pressure in a wide range of temperatures and pressure conditions. Using tongs the clamp can be assembled and disassembled for safe and effective installation.
Space-saving spring band clamps
The space-saving version has the same features as the standard spring band clamp. Due to the shortened and flattened mounting ends, the spring band clamp is space-optimized. We recommend the use of hose clamp pliers for the assembly and disassembly.
Spring band clamp with handyclip
The space-saving spring band clamp is also available as a pre-opened version with a plastic handyclip. Through the use of handyclips, the installation time is considerably reduced, as no tools are needed. For complete assembly, the clip is removed by simply pulling it off. In addition, this clamp is suitable for space limitations.
- high-strength, alloyed spring steel 51CrV4
- high level of protection against brittle fracture, especially at low temperatures
- multi-layered & environmentally friendly chrome (VI) -free coating
- zinc-containing, inorganic basecoat and organic topcoat
- complies with the regulations of the automobile regulation (RoHS compliant)
- excellent resistance to corrosion, temperature (up to 210 °C) and chemicals
- guaranteed 720h salt spray resistance according to DIN EN ISO 9227
Available nominal diameter & bandwiths
- nominal diameter 9.0 mm to 90 mm
- bandwiths 8.4 mm, 10 mm & 12 mm
- depending on the hose-socket combination, connections of up to a maximum of 11 bar can be fastened
- DIN 3021 Hose clamps - spring band clamps
- DIN 3021-1 Dimensions, designation, materials and design
- DIN 3021-2 Technical delivery conditions
- DIN 3021-3 System spring band clamp - hose - socket
|Wide diameter range||Rigid system|
|Cost-effective production with large diameters||High maintenance|
|High hose pulling forces||Expensive (with small diameters)|
|Time-consuming and expensive installation tool: torque and closing speed must be controlled|
|Risk of injury due to protruding band|
|Ear hose clamp|
|Corrosion-resistant base material||Possible hose damage|
|Small clamp width||Not reusable (destructive dismantling)|
|Low space requirements||Special pliers necessary for installation|
|High hose pulling forces||High force required for installation|
|Cost-effective, very rigid fastener||Very small working range (strongly linked to diameter)|
|The force of the clamp depends on the pressing force of the assembly tool (complex controls required)|
|Spring band clamps|
|Highly flexible||Linked to diameter|
|Simple installation even on hard-to-reach connections||Comparatively high demands on the hose/support system|
|Very even surface pressure (distribution of radial force)||Hose/support/system must be taken into account|
|Adhesion to the hose possible in pre-opened condition|
|Protects the hose|
With us, you will always find the right product.
Every single industry requires products that are geared to very specific purposes. To support the requirements of a market holistically, we consistently analyse the current needs and future requirements of our customers.
This resulted in our W.TEC® product series with products for requirements-based solutions and industry-specific innovations. We guarantee optimal and consistent quality and first-class technical service. We can give you expert advice and best practices so that you will always find the right product, be it plastic cabs, slings, screws for thermoplastic materials or many more.
Our industry solutions
Our systems, products and services are geared to the requirements of a wide range of industries. Competence teams with experienced, industry-specific employees have a comprehensive understanding of your specific needs and can assist you as a competent C-parts partner. Together with you, we develop individual solutions for your worldwide production sites.
We are here for you!
In addition to this range of products, contact persons with product and industry know-how are available to advise you.
Contact us on T +45 7320 7320 or via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.